St Thomas now proudly hosts the Thom’s Helpers ministry. Thom’s Helpers are young adults with special needs who work at St Thomas three days a week helping with various projects and tasks. This is a source of pride and meaningful work for our young adults, and a real ministry to the church, where they help with quite a bit of our weekly duties, including recycling, cleaning, event setup and bulletin sorting! Our Thom’s Helpers are a valued part of the weekly volunteer staff at our parish.
Trained volunteers lend their time and talent to this ministry as well, working with our Thom’s Helpers through the day and helping to keep them organized. Our volunteers have found this to be a high-energy and very rewarding ministry! For information about volunteering, please contact our parish office at 913-451-0512.
Some current Thom’s Helpers projects include:
- Helping set up for events
- Managing weekly bulletin inserts, recycling, and food pantry deliveries
- Selling Morgan’s Salsa (for prices and ordering, please contact our parish office)
- Confidential paper shredding
- Various cleaning duties
- Other duties as assigned!